Frontend Learning Group for Women
I am passionate about empowering women to achieve financial independence & career fulfillment. Frontend Web Development is a lucrative and in-demand field with a relatively low barrier to learning. I created FLGW for women to learn frontend dev in an encouraging, low-pressure setting.
FLGW has two offerings:
- A Learning Community where our members learn frontend development together; runs continually.
- An 8-week-long Frontend Team Project for early-career developers; the next project starts Feb or Mar 2023.
- No prior coding knowledge is necessary
- There is no deadline, so you can learn and understand the material without feeling rushed or pressured.
- Arit holds regular office hours on Zoom to discuss difficult concepts, and our Slack community also provides support.
- The Learning Community is self-directed, so you need ambition, focus & drive to make reasonable progress.Frontend Team Project
- Prior frontend knowledge is necessary
- Team members learn critical technical communication & collaboration skills, as they build a complex React app.
- Team members manage their own tickets, project board, stand-ups, retrospectives, and sprint planning.
Screenshot of Office Hours
FLGW welcomes women anywhere in the world. We proudly center Black women, women living in Africa, or mothers.
To join our community, there is a non-refundable $10 fee. Our Learning Community activities and Team Project are FREE, thanks to the generousity of our mentors, advocates & sponsoring companies!
You need the following for FLGW:
- A reliable Laptop (PC or Mac)
- A strong Internet Connection.
Please DO NOT join FLGW if you do not have these two things!
We DO NOT provide, sell or loan laptops!
Sincere THANKS to the following companies for their generous support of FLGW! 💛
Get comfortable with frontend software development, one of Tech's most lucrative fields.
Enjoy an ultra-supportive community and regular group mentoring, without excessive pressure or common self-doubt triggers.
Build concrete technical skills that can form the foundation for a successful coding career.
Build discipline and critical communication & networking skills.
Study a minimum of 6 to 12 hours/week. This equates to 1-2 hours a day, if you study 6 days a week.
Attend office hours; even if you do not need help, show up to support your fellow engineers.
Abide by our Slack Code Of Conduct at all times.
Share any struggles or obstacles that threaten your progress with Arit or our advocates, so that we can strategize with you.
Accepting new members through September 2022 only! 🥰
JOIN THE FLGW COMMUNITY! 💃🏽
PLEASE LISTEN TO THE AUDIO MESSAGE & READ ALL BULLET POINTS BELOW FIRST!
The Joining Form should appear below the bullet points.
The fee to join FLGW is $10 US dollars. This is a one-time fee. As long as you remain an FLGW member, you will not pay anything more.
You need a credit or debit card to pay the joining fee. No bank transfers, CashApp, Venmo or similar transfer methods are accepted.
For those not based in the United States, the joining fee is drawn in your local currency as an amount equivalent to $10 USD (at the time of joining).
The $10 joining fee is NOT REFUNDABLE under any circumstances.
If you are not a woman, but you still choose to join FLGW, your joining fee will NOT be refunded, even if you are denied access to, or later removed from, the community.
If you are interested in the Frontend Team Project, you will get more information after joining the community.
(If you do not see the Joining Form, please click here to apply)